What is the Families Also Serve Campaign?
The Families Also Serve campaign was formed out of the Promises2Kids Military Families Support Initiative. The purpose of the campaign is to:
- Raise awareness of the needs of local military families
- Stress the importance of community involvement
- Secure funding
- Inspire others to participate
- Explore possibilities of collaborations
- Identify methods to increase access to resource information
Why this campaign is important.
- Because the stress of repeated and prolonged deployments is putting an extraordinary level of stress on our military families, particularly families with children.
- Because 80% of local military families live off base and they could benefit from increased access to resource information.
- Because the community has many resources to offer to help military families and complement the many programs and services already offered by the military.